Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sessions with m-Xdoctor 2010-05-30.1057

I am the psychotherapist. Please, describe your problems. Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.
suprisingly doc, at this very moment i don't have many cares in the world.
Why do you say that?
godd friends, good breakfast, and the sun shining in my face. only a
few things could make this moment better.
I don't understand.
i don't expect you to fully understand, doctor. i mean, what does a
lisp script know of breakfast? or sunshine?
Maybe your plans have something to do with this.
my plans? oh, i was just showing off my crappy blog to a good friend
of mine. as you may or may not know, the majority of my blog consists
of transcripts of our sessions.
Is it because of your life that you are going through all this?
i guess you can say that. i've been using my blog as sort of self-help
therapy, a way to dump out all the random jumbled thought rattling
around in my head.
Is it because you have been using your blog as sort of self help
therapy a way to dump out all the random jumbled thought rattling
around in your head that you came to me?
well, yeah, it should be pretty obvious that i need another blog
entry, and you're just the script to turn to for that.
Does it bother you that you need another blog entry and I am just the
script to turn to for that?
i wouldn't say it bothers me. so what if i'm a human having a
conversation with a machine, it don't matter me none.
You have your mind on machines, it seems.
i spend most of my day on computers, be it for work or pleasure. so
yeah, i'd say machines are a necessary part of my thought process.
You think too much about computers.
doctor, please. my career revolves around computers. hell, my social
life revolves around computers. take computers out of my hands and i'm
just another useless lonely anti-social nerd.
You should try taking your mind off of computers.
no can do, doctor. taking my mind of computers means no money, and no honey.
Are you a computer hacker?
i guess you can say that. now, i'm not a hacker in the sense of i
break into personal accounts and whatnot, but i can crank out some
lines of code.
When did you first know that you can crank out some lines of code?
junior year of high school. i was fortunate enough to have a PASCAL
class available to me.
Do you get high often?
is that a trick question?
What do you think?
i think i'd like to exercise my rights granted to me by the fifth amendment.
What makes you believe you might want to exercise your rights granted
to you the fifth amendment?
because you're asking me for answers that may incriminate myself. i'll
not play that game, doc.
Is the fact that I am asking you for answers that may incriminate
yourself you will not play that game doc the real reason?
it's the real reason i'm dodging that question. can we move on?
Does the fact that question can you move on explain anything else?
yeah, it explains this conversation quickly devolving.
Earlier you said you have been using your blog as sort of self help
therapy a way to dump out all the random jumbled thought rattling
around in your head?
yes, yes i did.
How do you reconcile the people you hang around with?
most don't know about it. i don't advertise it or anything. is
anything, i mention it in passing, but DistractionsWithDick is hardly
refined enough for the general public at large.
Are you sure distractionswithdick is hardly refined enough for the
general public at large?
that's my own opinion. it's wide open on the interwebs, though, if the
general public does come around a likes what it sees, so be it.
Have you been afraid of that?
i wouldn't say affraid. anxious, maybe.
You mentioned that you need another blog entry and I am just the
script to turn to for that?
yes doc, yes you are. i can always squeeze a conversation out of you,
day or night, holidays be damned.
I would appreciate it if you would watch your tongue!
we've been through this before. i curse not to offend, it is simply a
part of my vernacular, as it is with many of us in the world.
Perhaps this has something to do with problems at school?
nope, i'm out of school with no plans to go back soon. try again.
Are you sure that try again?
yes, doc, i'd like you to try again.
Do you really think you can crank out some lines of code?
i get paid to write code, so don't think there's any question of it.
Possibly any hobbies you have are related to this.
maybe. i like trolling the internets, playing video games, i'm even
into hardware programming a bit. i'd say all those things are computer
slash coding related.
You have your mind on computers, it seems.
we've already established that, doc, some lines ago.
Is it because doc some lines ago that you came to me?
errrr! i'm growing impatient with you, docotor.
Is it because of your sex life that you say errrr you are growing
impatient with me docotor?
goodbye
My secretary will send you a bill.

No comments: